- Graduated Los Alamos High School Los Alamos, NM June 1978
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing , May 1982
- After graduating from UNM I began to weave with Chimayo weaver Irvin Trujillo and his father, Jake O. Trujillo, and started Centinela Traditional Arts.
- "The Red that Colored the World": Museum of International Folk Art, Santa Fe, NM, May 17 2015-September 13 2015
Bowers Museum, Santa Ana, CA October 31, 2015-March 21, 2015
- "The Art is the Cloth":
New Hampshire Institute of Art, Manchester, New Hampshire Oct 4-Nov 5 2014
Walton Center Gallery, Newton Pennsylvania, Dec 4 – 9 Feb 2015
Deerfield Academy, South Deerfield MA, Mar 26 – May1 2015
- "Irvin and Lisa Trujillo", Tennessee Tech University, Derryberry Gallery, March 12-April 5, 2012
- "Unfolding Tradition: Rio Grande Textiles", Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art, Overland Park Kansas, July 27 - August 24 2008
- "The Passionate Journey: Contemporary Southwestern Weaving", Roswell Museum and Art Center, Roswell, NM, September 2003-January 2004.
- "The Saltillo Sarape: Enigma and Imprint", Museo Franz Mayer, Mexico City, Mexico, June to September, 2003.
- "Ahora", National Hispanic Cultural Center, Albuquerque, NM, September 2002 to January 2003.
- "The Thread of New Mexico", The Albuquerque Museum, Albuquerque, NM, May to September 2001.
- "From Lausanne to Beijing-Beijing 2000 International Tapestry Art Exhibition", Academy of Arts and Design, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China October 2000
- "Thread by Thread: American Tapestry Biennial III-2000, Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, KY, May to June 2000
- "Efectos del Pais: Hispanic Weaving of Colorado and New Mexico", Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center, Colorado Springs, CO April to October 1999
- "The Legacy of Spanish Colonial America" Owensboro Museum of Fine Art, Owensboro, KY October to December 1998
- "Across Frontiers" at the Governors Gallery, Santa Fe, NM July to August 1998.
- "Selections from the Spanish Colonial Arts Society and Traditional Spanish Market" at the Governors Gallery, Santa Fe, NM, July to August 1993.
- "Chimayo Weavings; 1865 to the Present" Los Colores Hispanic Textile Museum, Corrales, NM, June to October 1993.
- "1993: Year of American Craft" at The Albuquerque Museum, Albuquerque, NM, weavings of Irvin and Lisa Trujillo were on exhibit February through March 1993.
- "Patterns of Prestige: The Design and Infuluence of the Saltillo Sarape", Gene Autry Western Heritage Museum, Los Angeles, CA, 1992
- "Trujillo Weavings," Devin-Beghi, Bukhara, Uzbekistan, USSR June to September 1991.
- "Generations of Traditions", The Heard Museum, Phoenix, AZ February, 1991 to January, 1992
- "Trujillo Weaving at Centinela Ranch, Old Traditions New Explorations," Roswell Museum and Art Center March to July 1990
- "De Colores, Two Centuries of Historic Mexican Serapes from the Andrew Nagen Collection" Arizona Historical Society, (lecture and weaving demonstration), August 1988
- "Fourth Annual Fiber Arts Exhibition" San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts, San Angelo, TX, December 1988
- Honorable Mention-Vista 2014
- E Boyd Award-Mountain Tips 2012
- Design Award-Sum of the Parts 2011
- 2nd Place and La Lana Wools Award - Gem Tones 2010
- 3rd Place - Sum of the Parts 2008
- 2nd Place Roots in Rio Grande 2007
- Honorable Mention - Moki Embrace 2006
- 2nd Place-"A Friendly Get-Together" 2005
- Jake O Trujillo Award - "Montano" 2004
- Jake O Trujillo Award - "Bermuda Diamond" 2003
- 2nd Place -"Fundamental" 2002
- Jake O Trujillo Award -"Rio Grande Digest" 2001
- La Lana Wools Award - "Del Sur" 1999
- Jake O Trujillo Award - "Spumoni" 1998
- La Lana Wools Award - "Tellin' Tales" 1998
- Jake O Trujillo Award - "Dividing Lines" 1997
- Award for Excellence in Rio Grande Textiles - "Todas Madres" 1996
- Jake O Trujillo Award - "Nubes con Lluvia" 1994
- Jake O Trujillo Award - "Bubbles" 1993
- Jake O Trujillo Award - "Passion in the Web" 1990
- Honorable Mention - "Devotion" 1987
- 1st Prize - "When the Moors Invade Saltillo" 1985
- Honorable Mention -"Rio Grande blanket two widths seamed"
Museum Fiber Arts Festival, Museum of Indan Arts and Culture, MNM June of 1998 to 2004
- 1st Prize for Contemporary Eccentric - "Bermuda Diamond" 2003
- 1st Prize for Geometric Horizontal - "Gourdian Saltillo" 2003
- 2nd Prize for Contemporary Blanket, Geometric Horizontal - "Prototypical Chimayo" 2003
- People's Choice Award - "Fundamental" 2002
- 1st Prize for Contemporary Complex Geometric - "Fundamental" 2002
- 1st Prize for Contemporary Geometric Weave, Banded - "Rio Grande Digest" 2002
- 2nd Prize for Contemporary Complex Geometric - "Carnelian" 2002
- 1st Prize for Ikat - "Arana del Valle" 2000
- 3rd Prize for Contemporary Pictorial - "Always Greener" 2000
- 1st Prize for Horizontal Eccentric Weave -"Del Sur" 1999
- 1st Prize for Traditional Ikat -"Bubbles" 1998
- 1st Prize for Traditional Eccentric-"Tellin' Tales" 1998
- 2nd Prize for Traditional Eccentric-"Todas Madres" 1998
- Third premium 1981
- Second premium 1983
- Second premium 1984
- Best of Show 1985
- Feria Artesana, Albuquerque, NM, September of 1982 to 1986
- "Fibers from Northern New Mexico" McCormick Gallery, Midland College, Midland, TX, April 1986
- "New Mexico in Denver" Master Editions Gallery, Denver, CO, September 1985
- "Los Tejidos do los Trujillos - Weaving at Centinela Ranch," Millicent Rogers Museum, Taos, NM, May - June 1985
- "Woven West," The Spinnery, Neshanic Station, NJ, April 1985
- "The Chimayo Connection," Portfolio Gallery, Los Alamos, NM, September 1984
- Slide shows to museum groups, weaving guilds, etc,
- Three day-workshop at Espanola Valley Fiber Arts Center, Espanola, NM - repeating
- Wild West Weaving Gallery workshop in conjunction with Silver City Fiber Arts Festival, November 2011
- St Louis Weavers Guild Tapestry Study Group workshop, May 2011
- American Tapestry Alliance member workshop, Taos, NM, April 2011
- "Rio Grande Weaving" - Lecture at Albuquerque Museum, Albuquerque, May 2005 and an advisorial role in the curating of the exhibit and catalog publication "Wonders of the Weavers".
- Convergence 2004, Handweavers Guild of America workshop, Denver, CO June 2004
- Handweavers Guild of Boulder workshop workshop, Boulder, CO February 2002
- Chicano Art symposium, National Museum of American Art, Smithsonian Institution, May 1992
- Intermountain Weavers Conference workshop, Colorado Springs, CO, August 1991
- Carmella Padilla & Barbara Anderson, A Red Like No Other: New York: Skira Rizzoli, p. 278
- Mary Terence McKay and Lisa Trujillo,The Centinela Weavers of Chimayo: Unfolding Tradition Chimayo: Centinela Traditional Arts
- Helen R. Lucero & Suzanne Baizerman, Chimayo Weaving: The Transformation of a Tradition Albuquerque: University of New Mexico Press, p.139-148
- Dexter Cerillo, Across Frontiers: Hispanic Crafts of New Mexico San Francisco: Chronicle Books, p.44-45, 56-57.
- Foundations of Algebra and Geometry New York: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, p.195.
- Mary Emmerling American Country West New York: Clarkson N. Potter, Inc./Publishers, p.218-219
- Constance Stapleton Crafts of America New York: Harper & Row, Publishers, p.296-297
- Suzanne Carmichael, The Traveler's Guide to American Crafts New York: Dutton, p.101 and color plate.
- Douglas Kent Hall The Thread of New Mexico The Albuquerque Museum, p.65-68